Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogging about my experiences with ecologically friendly products, practices and the Earth. For example: trying to lose weight with non-genetically modified (no GMO) soy products, or cleaning with 100% biodegradable cleaners.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Size 14 and shrinking

I went on a trip to New Orleans for 10 days and walked around so much I had blisters, putting a few miles of walking on per day. I basically stuck to my diet plan, with two shakes a day, my "boost" pills, and occasionally a snack bar. When I came back, I only weighed maybe a pound or two less than when I left because I was eating somewhat over what I would normally eat and I didn't try to resist chocolate and creme brulee. But when I came back, I was squarely on the small side of 16 or a 14 stretch.

Now I'm a size 14 and shrinking. I've had to dig out old clothes I thought I would never wear again. I've been shopping at the thrift stores looking for suits and clothes that will fit. My metabolism changed to match my increase in muscle mass from so much walking, so I keep thinking I'm cheating on my diet -- I have a feeling it's just that I downright require more calories to stay out of starvation mode now. Pounds are still coming off, but since I'm so close to my target clothing size, I'm not being militant about watching what I eat.




I currently weigh 154 lbs as of this morning. I took photos on September 7th, around 157lbs (40 lbs lost!), so here's an updated photo. I'm wearing pants that are too large on me, and that shows under the tight shirt. I'll try taking more photos, my mom keeps asking me to show off :)

I had set my target weight at 135, but more importantly my target pants size at 12. I just bought 1 classic grey pinstriped pantsuit size 12P, and one dress size 12 -- thrift store purchases. I'm down from 1x and 2x tops to large, and I'm starting to look at mediums. I'm afraid to lose weight too quickly at this moment because I'm not ready to buy a whole new wardrobe. :) That's a terrific reason to both keep to my diet, and to relax a little on how quickly I lose weight. I'm also thinking that size 10 is quite possible if I'm going down to 135. If I add a little more exercise into my routine and that means I need at least two more wardrobes. Thank goodness I'm not buying suits at $100 a pop!

For now I'm collecting my larger clothes and considering either freecycling them or donating them back to the thrift stores.

No comments: