Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogging about my experiences with ecologically friendly products, practices and the Earth. For example: trying to lose weight with non-genetically modified (no GMO) soy products, or cleaning with 100% biodegradable cleaners.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The importance of 24 inches

I've lost 24 inches. That's absolutely amazing. 2 feet.

Of course, I lost it a little here & a little there. But we're not here to overanalyze that number. We're here to celebrate it.

We can celebrate dress sizes, pants sizes, we can watch the scale and look for the numbers to drop.

I could celebrate 43 pounds less. I will celebrate 24 inches less.

We all need feedback and motivation, and every "Criss! You look terrific!" in our lives. If that means counting every inch you lost and posting that number in BIG BOLD TEXT -- so be it!!

24 Inches Lost & Counting!

When I started my live-it (who needs a die-it?) I announced it in business circles, to my networking partners & friends. At monthly meetings I would say "I look forward to you seeing less of me next month." And now it's a whole 24 inches less.

Of course it's more than that wonderful 24 inches. It's breathing better. It's being able to take the stairs two at a time without my back & legs screaming in agony, and without hyperventilating. It's being able to sidle between the chairs in a restaurant without asking someone if they could scoot in. It's feeling more like a woman even with less love-handles. It's caring what I look like.

I look forward to continuing the drop in weight and everyone seeing less of me. Maybe even another 24 inches less! I would love to share your story too! Please post comments about there being less of you, or let me know if you need help.

No comments: