Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogging about my experiences with ecologically friendly products, practices and the Earth. For example: trying to lose weight with non-genetically modified (no GMO) soy products, or cleaning with 100% biodegradable cleaners.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Another terrific product line...laundry care!

Ok, a second load of dishes, with a bowl with oatmeal from the day before glued to it, nested in the middle of other bowls to make double sure the dishwasher detergent is making a difference proves to me that I wasn't dreaming about the tiny hands at work in my dishwasher.

So on to laundry. I can't believe how little it takes to wash the laundry. I'm going to have to try the brightener again, but the liquid HE compatible detergent uses very little to wash a whole lot. Everything comes out smelling fantastic -- not heavily perfumed, just lightly scented. The reason I'm going to have to try the brightener again is that I didn't follow the instructions. :( I tried putting it in with the detergent in the compartment and it just caked on the bottom of the compartment, hardly putting any into my load of whites at all. Next time I'll dissolve it in water like the instructions say to. They certainly know best and I shouldn't second-guess them. I'm hoping that they'll erase my son's bad habit of wiping his hands and face on his shirts.

I also used the dryer sheets which I like because when you're done you're left with recyclable paper rather than some nasty man-made material you're not sure if it belongs in the garbage or in the toxic waste facility.

Clean clothes that smell great -- at 1 ounce of liquid detergent per load. An environmentalist's dream.

No comments: