Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogging about my experiences with ecologically friendly products, practices and the Earth. For example: trying to lose weight with non-genetically modified (no GMO) soy products, or cleaning with 100% biodegradable cleaners.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Miscellaneous Update

I have been hard-pressed for time lately, as business for my web design company picks up. Here's my latest updates:

I've used the face product kit, and I really like it. It's not perfumed, my flaky skin stopped flaking, I have less pimples and even I could tell that my face tone was more even after. I did definitely look younger. At least to me :) Very nice stuff. I'm not wrinkled enough to notice an 88% reduction in my visible wrinkles, at 38 years old. :)

The fairies are still at work in my dishwasher. Even my roommates appreciate them. We'll leave milk and cookies in the dishwasher for them. I can't eat the cookies anyway.

I love the way my hair looks and feels -- rather than limp and lifeless, it's shiny and has terrific body. Either that or this is the best haircut I've ever had. Naah -- it's the shampoo & conditioner, because it's the actual texture of my hair that's better.

I gave in and cleaned the rest of the range hood :) No one else took me up on the challenge. (I had cleaned a small part of the range hood with the degreaser, hoping someone would get annoyed and clean the rest....I am not the world's best housekeeper, it's not my calling.)

I wrote a serious article about toxic cleaners on my website.

Next I'll write an article about my experiences with asthma. I was diagnosed asthmatic last fall, 2 weeks after an asthma attack almost put me into the hospital -- without health insurance! My resistance to go the hospital could have killed me, but since I lived and managed my asthma attack without transport, I've (financially) saved my family. An emergency room visit would have been a disaster. It's not fun to be uninsured, welcome to the norm for the middle classes, especially self-employed. 2 weeks later, my health coverage finally went through and I could see a doctor and get medication. One really really scary asthma attack is enough for a lifetime.

If I end up losing my health coverage again, I now have a health plan option to check out through Your Green Club. Thank goodness there's an inexpensive alternative. As my income increases, it's inevitable that I'll lose my current coverage.

I apologize for the disjointed email: I wanted to make sure to write something before I bury my nose back into a job proposal again. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: